Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gulmohar... First Conversation with Fia


Winter was going on, when this little sunshine was born. It was quite cold out in the open, so most of the times the mother and baby would keep indoors. But on sunnier days, Rose would come out with Fia firmly cuddled in her arms. She had placed two chairs in the garden, and had pulled one of them closer to me. She sat down gently and was beaming with a soft motherly smile, holding Fia and humming the most beautiful songs one would have ever heard. Fia too had her sparkling soft baby eyes fixed on her mother, as if trying to guess what she was humming. Both were enjoying a sunny day in winter. All this while I was trying to catch a full glimpse of Fia and when I could, she had slept off. Even then, it was a heavenly sight to see this little cherub, cozily sleeping in the warm bosom of her mother. Fia was the most beautiful baby I had seen till now. Her soft angelic face, little almond shaped fingers, peach and cream pearl colour. I was just awestruck at this little, fragile creation of God!

That day I really wished being a human being. So that I could have touched her, felt her soft little fingers, kissed her gently on her small forehead and kept her in my arms and sung a lullaby. But Alas! I was a tree, and could have just hoped for all this. Yet, I thought for once, that I could still make her feel my presence close to her. So what if I can't take her in my arms, at least she can feel me. I dropped a small leaflet from my branch, the softest one, which landed right on her forehead. Fia felt the gentle leaf and just drooped her drowsy eyes and slept back again. She gave a small yet sleepy unconscious smile. Upon seeing this, Rose gently took off the leaf and put her gentle hand on Fia's forehead.

This was our first unconscious, unspoken and in a manner unknown conversation. But that's how deepest relations are. They exist nowhere, yet one day, they touch your heart deeply. This was the beginning of a life full of sunshine & smile. A life I would never again wish to exchange with anyone, not even, a human ......



No comments: